Sunday, October 11, 2009

Professional Job Investigation

Although, I have not yet pinpointed what distinct career I’d like to pursue after graduating, I had browsed around and found some job postings which caught my attention.


Web Innovations Director

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?IPath=ILKTVGV&ff=21&APath=2.21.21.0.0&job_did=JB989W6TLT9Q951Y00V

Advertising and Digital Sales Director

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?IPath=ILKTVGV&ff=21&APath=2.21.21.0.0&job_did=J8F2CM6LV1XYVJH6LGH

Production Director

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?IPath=ILKTVGV&ff=21&APath=2.21.21.0.0&job_did=J3H2RL5XS281FGLHVPG


These positions require a well-rounded person who is very knowledgeable within a wide array of social media activities. Just as discussed in the article, media and online media is constantly evolving so I believe I need to be up to par with technology and media advancements. I need to be able to easily adjust and adapt to new media/ social media trends. Participating in online communities, social-networking sites, and blogging sites is key to remaining in the loop. As mentioned, I will register and be involved in social media websites such as Mediabistro and/or Mashable and read recommended books for my field. While I am currently working in the new media field and also interning, I’ll have to discover fairly soon what career I’d like to pursue in specific hence job experience is vital. A good few of the jobs I had come across require 5-8 years of experience as well as web design skills. I am hoping to enhance my web design knowledge by taking classes next year.

I do have a few ideas still up in the air just in case I decide not to find a job upon graduation time. Whether I decide to further my education in the new media studies field in order to be able to teach at a higher level or open my own business, the above points mentioned are extremely beneficial, if not necessary, to stay on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers