Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Web Site Progress

After gathering the content for my website, I organized and planned it all out. I constructed a logo and edited certain content using Adobe PhotoShop. Then, I started coding my content in notepad; I also used notepad along with CSS to style and decorate my site. For one of my pages, I embedded an interactive slideshow code in order to better display my content within my portfolio. At first, many of the images in my portfolio appeared very distorted until I messed around with their sizes in PhotoShop. Yet this task was very tedious, I finally got the slideshow to accurately depict my portfolio after a few rounds of trial and error. On my last page, which is my “contact” section, I incorporated a form creation program. I made this work by embedding an iframe to enable using this external form.

Primarily being focused on the structure of my site, I have yet to go back and edit some of my content. I also am debating of whether or not to add a couple more sections/pages to my website such as a “resume” and/or “blog.” Also, I have yet to go back and adjust a few styling issues to maintain consistency throughout my site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers