Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Social Media Revolution





Watching a video like this still gives me the shivers. I first saw this clip a few months ago and it reminded me of the “Google Epic” video; both are very moving. The argument is strong; all media will cross-over onto the internet and rapidly. Nobody really knows what will happen after we reach that point.

A controversial concept indeed! The baffling fact that so many huge corporations, companies, and professionals have been sucked up by social media along with the whole world, draws me to think that it is not a fad. In another sense, I feel that some social networking sites are not really sustainable unless they turn into paid services. Bandwidth cost will eat up great internet ideas, unless they can be given away like Google. Personally, I do not foresee an economic problem occurring with Facebook. It has lasted 6+ years and had taken over MySpace's popularity. It produces revenue through advertisements, virtual goods/gifts, and employment opportunities.

My take is that social media is not a fad. There are so many advantages of/people invested in social media, I do not think it can simply go away. I do, however, feel that there may be other kinds of social networking tools/sites that will come out in the future to replace current ones.

Hmmm.... what will the next "Facebook" be ?

1 comment:

Followers